Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Opinion Poll

I am insanely pissed about a conversation I had with Mr. Live In last night and I would relish in any opinions about this whether I agree with you or not.

Mr Live works out of town all week. Works great for me. The problem lies with this attitude:

"So did Kat sleep with you last night?" (My daughter who is 10.) I tell him yes that she did. She has been a difficult child since birth and has always, always gotten up every night to come and find me even when I make her fall asleep in her own bed. It never fails...she wakes up beside me either in my bed or on the floor. She used to scream in terror afraid to get out of bed to come look for me but wanting my comfort. Thank God that subsided at about age 8 and she started being more considerate about it.

She's an annoyance to her siblings if I leave her up with them, so she generally comes to my room to watch a movie while we fall asleep. If Mr. Live in is home she will wait for us to fall asleep and make herself a bed on the floor next to me.

So this conversation turned into a nasty fight. This man moved into MY house and now has the audacity to tell me that he is going to start locking the door at night because he wants her to stay in her own room period. He bitches regularly about this habit of hers that I have no problems with.

We have had the conversation, multiple arguements, and as long as it's not another man sharing my bed while he is gone I cant imagine why he even takes an interest. Why the hell does he care when he is not there. And to be a jackass and threaten to lock the door ??? Is there an egomanic running lose in my house or what??

If she needs comfort...it is my responsibility as her parent to give it to her!!! Even if it is just a habit, I do not foresee a 15 year old child even wanting to be seen with me in public, much less wanting to sneak into my room and sleep on my floor.

Am I being a terrible mom or is he just a controlling jerk who needs to be slapped!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jil said...

pimp slap! It wont last forever, youre right...by the time shes 14 or so youll have to beg her to tell you how shes feeling. i wish my mom had been more like you.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's good,it's healthy....my 7 year old regularly climbs into bed when I'm asleep,brings her teddys too......

7:05 AM  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

pull out the can of whupass and bitch slap him ike turner style and put some stank on it!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home