Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween

One of the joys of living with Mr Live In lately is that he works out of town all week. So there are moments that there is no complaining, no nit-picking and alot less foul language.

Last year we had a Halloween BASH. He wasnt living with me at the time, so the party was a no-expense spared type of ordeal. The kids all invited friends over, rocked out in the garage, complete with decorations, food and a DJ.

This year youngest child wanted a repeat for herself. I managed racking up a few expenses, but started the decorating process a bit too soon. The new kitten tore down the decorations, and the dog gave his input by peeing on them. I wasnt up to repairing the damage and didnt. We did however, have a great turnout and a wonderful party.

It was the first time that the kids were able to go it alone trick-or-treating. This made it nice for me and my best friend. We got to sip hot chocolate in the warmth of the house and laugh at the antics of those running in and out of the house, shoveling candy and cookies in their mouths at breakneck speeds.

Her live in is about as charming as mine at times. He ditched her with his kid to go to the bar and so with all the happenings of late we had a great male bashing session. Her live in doesnt like me and my live in doesnt like her. Its all over silly things, I think mostly male jealousy. We dont let it interfere with our frienship. We've been friends twice as long as we have dated, so we force them into compliance at times so we can hang out. Our kids have grown up together as well, so you would think after so long they would just "get it" that they are stuck with the two of us broads, like it or not. Get over yourself, be an adult and put on your happy face.

Mr Live in will be pissed at the ATM charge for $40 for candy and hot chocolate. But, like I told him.......I will likely always be able to give him new material to bitch about. It would certainly beat continuing to threaten him with taping his rants and hitting play when he walks in the door. I could afford to do it. His birthday was Halloween and he could think of it as his and the family gift. Much less expensive than the big screen tv. Had he not been a total schmuck this past weekend and basically made me feel like I couldnt or didnt want to get of of bed on Sunday......I would have made him the apple crisp he loves, I would have slipped a birthday card and a gift into his luggage. I guess it all goes back to the "you get what you give" saying, and frankly after putting up with his shit all weekend, I had nothing to give. He was fortunate to get the "Hapy Birthday" that I gave him on the phone. Very fortunate.

Is this typical of males? Or do the adults of this species generally make an effort to get along with their mates friends?

9 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

I don't know about ales in general, but I've always tried my hardest to almost be kinder to my mate's friends moreso than her.

There's more than one reason for that. First, it's just kind. Second, if someone I really care about likes them, they're probably actually decent people. And third, these are the people she's going to complain about me too. I'd rather have them on my good side... it's pure survival. :)

She's more likely to get rid of me than them, so it's only natural to tread softly.

2:42 PM  
Blogger SXYMMA said...

Your profile says to leave you a comment if I visit...so here it is :) I frequently browse blogs & apparently found yours interesting enough to bookmark it at one time or another, and came back across it today while going through my bookmarks :)

4:46 PM  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

i agree with Squid. which is why my sweetie is female.qaz

11:17 AM  
Blogger jane said...

No, it's not a common thread with males. I think men are actually more sensitive than women & once hurt, they're afraid to give all again.
Rude, jackass type guys are really the only ones who behave as you've described though.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Who is this "Live-in" and where can I find him to kick him in the teeth???

:* Princess

7:01 AM  
Blogger Jil said...

What an ass. Is this guy ever really nice? Hmmm...D hasnt met many of my friends because I dont really have many, but he wants to meet the ones I have because he thinks if I like them, he will too.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Princess,

Nice to see you are back!! And there are times he could seriously use a beating.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Jil,
Yea, there are times he's great. He goes thru phases worse than any PMS I have ever seen. I've wondered if he isnt chemically challenged too.....but my friends seem to think he's just a control freak.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

I would think you'd want to impress friends rather than scare them off....but isnt that the hallmark of a control freak. Personally, i wouldnt want people to think I was a bitch.....apparently he doesnt care much.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home