Friday, July 29, 2005

On Todays Menu

So not every day is a bipolar day and thank God for that. Today is NOT one of THOSE days and I'm flyin high with my 7 cups of coffee and while I did I forget to take my meds, it's not my fault! I called in the prescription, but Mr Live in is out of town so it hasnt been picked up. His fault. I don't care if he's working out of town, I try my best not to step foot in that place. Wal-mart is the culprit behind all the bitching! Folks cramming the isles with their carts, hogging up all the quick pay lanes and getting downright rude and nasty with each other because they are being herded around like cattle.

If they wouldnt give you 600 shampoos and conditioners to choose from, 45 different kinds of deodorant to pour over and decide on....people could get their crap and get out! If there werent 6,000 types of match box cars, small children would not be crowding the toy isles unattended while their mothers were spending an hour and a half debating on which brand of sanitary napkins to purchase. If people truly want the best buy for their money they should hang out at the dollar store.

I have been with Mr Live In while he debates on the latest brand of body soap or men's hair care products. I have also left his ass standing in the isle and finished my shopping to come back and find him still sniffing....and wanting an opinion. Depending on which phase I am in he either gets my opinion or I grab one of each, throw them in the cart and tell him to shut up. Are there not bigger and better things to do than hang out in a large crowd of people and sniff soap? Apparently not to some.

Admittedly I do this with food. Take me to a restaurant with more than ten things on the menu and it's nothing but trouble. Bring me some cheese sticks because I'm gonna be here awhile. Of course there are two main differences....

1. They do not bring the food out for me to sniff.....thereby making the selection process much more complicated.

2. There are not 1,000 other people hovering around me, banging my ankles with a cart, and bitching or grunting at me for being in their way.

Maybe next time he wants to sniff soap he can drop me off at a restaurant. By the time he gets back I should be ready to order.

7 Comments:

Blogger heatheragarcia said...

I am so glad someone else sees the evil that is Walmart.

I WONT go.

Joney

1:28 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Ive had too many panic attacks there caused by stupid people. I avoid it whenever possible.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My "People the World Can Live Without" was insprired by Wal-Mart. The WalMart by my house broadcasts messages in English AND Spanish. It's not just once you get to hear a muffled message, but twice. I don't speak Spanish, but what I think they're saying is "...there is a gringo wandering the store. Please park your carts in front of him and walk as slowly as possible. And remember, the 20 items or less lines are merely a suggestion." Someday, I'll learn Spanish, if for no other purpose than to figure out why a 6 word phrase in English takes 4 minutes to say in Spanish...

2:31 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Ours has the McDonalds you can order while you are paying for your real food. It's not really that the ISLES are smaller than they used to be.

Now instead of bitching that they wait until the clerk is done ringint them up to start writing their check we have to wait for a bunch of fat asses to finish their Big Macs.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny , can't say I've sniffed soap but I do spend more time than I should in the toothpaste section,I obviously need to stop it.Made me laugh....

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jil said...

I frickin hate walmart. it is as close to hell on earth as i believe we will ever know. if Im forced to go, I go in the middle of the night...or like at midnight when there arent as many people. i will starve to death at the beginning of the month tho because i wont go because i know people have gotten paid and there will be hoards of folks just waiting to piss me off.

8:48 AM  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

ROFLMBFAO! preach the gospel sister! i hate Wallyworld too! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

you are a riot! love your posts!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home