Friday, August 26, 2005

Good News?

And on a much happier note today.....

I was emailing with my best friend yesterday. She was concerned about a late period. Neither of us suspected a thing since she has been known to have odd female problems. I told her jokingly that I would love it if she had a baby. I would love to play with a baby, then send it home. I don't want one for keeps, I'm finished with that phase of my life and happily so.

Our kids have grown up together. They are the best of friends, more like siblings really than friends. Her three boys have fought playground fights for my three girls for years. In turn, my girls have played matchmaker for the boys. It's all very cool. There's not a birthday celebration or holiday that they dont expect to be hanging out together. The youngest of this gang is her ten year old. The oldest is my 17 year old. She commented that more children in her future would be grand children.

So when I got the call at 9:30 last night she was shaken, almost crying, very scared and damn near hyperventilating. After she calmed and stopped repeating "It's pink! It's pink" I screamed with joy....."YOU'RE PREGNANT?" Her next mantra was "What am I going to do?" "Hon, I think that means you are going to have a baby!"

This is a shock. She's 38, a single mom with 4 kids, just moving this week in with her b\f of 5 years. I have to say better her than me. I cannot fathom going back to diapers, formula and daycare. No, no, no. I can't blame her for being scared.

But I have to mark this date on my blog and say Congratualtions to Ronda and Ken!!! And baby will make 8!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~M~ said...

I can't wait to have a baby of my own. Congrats to your friend. Nice site you have here. :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Nice tattoo!! Thanks for stopping by. : )

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home