Friday, November 04, 2005

Dad

Days like today make me miss my dad.....terribly.

Mr Live in came home last night. Didn't say much to me. I had bought a few birthday gifts, he found them on the bed, didnt say a word about them until I asked him. Didnt say much else of anything either. Since he bitches regularly, that was probably a good thing. it still felt awkward. No hello, no kiss my ass, nothing. We went to bed and of course he claims to be unable to sleep unless I am cuddling with him. Whatever, he manages all week long out of town. But this morning, as is his usual, he thrusts himself against me and is obviously feeling frisky. Thanks for the conversation, the caring attidue of last night, but NO THANKS. I have to say it did get me out of bed in a hurry. (But not before I farted on his leg....bruhahah) The audacity just kills me.

My daughters car had a flat yesterday. The brakes are squealing. Her dad is a truck driver, only home on weekends, and is a mechanical moron. Oh Im sure he could change a tire, but squeaky brakes would baffle him, I'm sure.

So I ask Mr Live in if he could take her car into the shop today and he went on a rampage about her doing it herself after school. She's 17, utterly clueless. Dickhead. If my dad were here, he would gladly take it in, or fix it himself. Nothing would have made him happier than to feel helpful in that way. AND he never complained about it. Not ever. Not when his dipshit daughter would lock her keys in her car for the umpeenth time, or lost her house keys. Whatever time it was, whatever the issue, he was always there to fix things.

I miss him.

13 Comments:

Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Thanks Rach....it seems its always the little things that bring it back.

1:46 PM  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should've just given him new locks for his birthday.

I'm glad that I don't act like him. If I did, I'd at least have enough sense to kick my own ass.

Yet, I'm still wondering. Who's he cuddlin' up with in the sleeper? If'n he really needs to cuddle you to sleep?

They make battery operated man replacers, so there has to be SOME redeeming quality, right? I haven't seen it. There has to be SOME reason you keep him around.

6:30 PM  
Blogger dan said...

Much as it pains anyone to say, I'm with Squid.... If he ain't redeemable in some fashion (and he's really really screaming on his way down here) I'd make a run to Radio Shack.

It's one thing if he's annoying. Another if he's an ass.

As for your dad, I understand. I'm sorry you got a bum deal in the trade. I'd drive your daughter to Midas.

But I'm creepy.

10:48 PM  
Blogger jane said...

Dan is such a standup guy. I like Squid's idea & agree wholeheartedly with him & Dan. You can call your boyfriend a jackass or asshole, can we? Cuz he is one. There are other names I'd call him but I don't know him good enough.
If I knew you better I'd ask why the F is he still living there? Or in the same room?
Well, I tend to go overboard on stuff like this so I'll try & keep my big fat yapper shut. (but it's very hard!) :X

10:54 PM  
Blogger Shannin said...

i always appreciate when hubby is an ass and then tries to get some...except that i let him because i need to get laid so bad! he never even kisses me first anymore.
my dad is still with me, but lives far away...but, i think as we grow up, the asshole men in our lives make us miss our daddies whether they have passed away or not. i am sorry for your loss.
take care of you.

12:07 AM  
Blogger wiseguy563 said...

just came across this blog surfing and thought i would add my thought to it... my father died when i was in the middle of boot camp for the coast guard, he was the same way, very helpful no matter what and always did it with a smile on his face.... but i know deep down that he had to be annoyed half of the time with all the stupid stuff i did.... maybe mr live just is not as good at keeping his cool, hell for all i know this guy could just be an asshole (i just read a few posts)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Get rid of him! There are other stand up guys like your dad, you will find him when you are least expecting it.

:* Princess

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sandi K said...

I'm sorry about your dad. I totally understand what you are saying. I can't feel what you feel, but I can relate. I won't give you advice and say do this or do that, I will just say that even though you can't see him, your dad is there with you. When we chose ass hole men in our lives that disappoint us it's so hard to get out of it. As a person who is bipolar, I know that I second guess myself. ie. (am I being unreasonable? is it me? is it because I am bipolar that I feel this way? what the hell)
Guess what? It isn't ... You are OK. He is just an ass. Er I mean man.

Hope your day gets better!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Rach - thanks for visiting and the sweet comment

2:33 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Dan - CREEPY?

2:33 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

wiseguy - my dad got annoyed at other people, just not me. You could say my shit didnt stink, and my stupidity was cute. (Daddys little girl ; ) He was the same way with my girls.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Ms Pec - Geeze, I do that all the time. Drives me nuts and makes me tired - "Do I think this because of my mood tday?" "Am I being paranoid" "Is any of this normal or even fucking REAL"

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home