Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mad Bash

The pressure is on. The big birthday bash is TOMORROW night. Kinda makes me feel sick in anticipation. I am so not ready. It's semi formal, so my wonderful daughter took me dress shopping, aware that her mom is a complete and total nerd. After hours and hours of trying on dresses and checking out myself in the dressing room mirror......I really wanted to just slit my wrists. Im not used to this weight, even though its been here for over a year now. I cant get used to looking in the mirror and seeing lumps that shouldnt be there. Yea, yea.....put the fork down, I know.

I didnt want black. Black is basic and boring. But it hides the lumps....so black it was. There was a whole debate about wearing pantyhose with open toed shoes that I didnt understand with my cool Californian friend. Someone created the rule that if you have open toed sandals, you mustnt wear panyhose......if you must wear pantyhose, you must wear closed toe shoes. HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS? Apparently you are supposed to go bare legged and anything you want jiggle free must be held in with a spandex something or other....Im assuming the new girdle. There are just too many rules for dressing women. There are too many rules to keep us groomed. $100 highlights in my hair and $100 on a dress and then there was the birthday gift. And lets not forget that you cant just pull your old duds out of the closet.....ya gotta have a regular new outfit. Oh and the tenny shoes needed to be replaced at $50. Its a damn good thing I filed my tax return early. I wanted to do the manicure, pedicure thing....maybe a facial as well. Instead, Im wearing pantyhose, taking 4 pairs of shoes to make sure I get it right. If I feel like a dork, I will simply reach in the bag and wallah......I have two giant suitcases full of crap to take for the weekend.

Eric Estrada is the surprise party host. The birthday girl had a crush on him in high school. We all had to write humiliating events that happened in her life so that we can basically roast her at the party. No expenses have been spared. There is a videographer, a photographer to take pictures with Eric, a dj, a limo.

I am so looking forward to seeing my friends again......the snobbiness of the event has my nerves a bit frazzled to say the least. The pajama party on Saturday is much more my speed. My bags are almost packed, my bank account almost drained. I havent left yet, but am already feeling like I forgot something important.

And if things couldnt get better. My best bud from high school and I have booked hair appointments together. Across from our hotel is a salon, so I figured if we look completely out of place in our dorky clothing, we could at least have fabulous up-dos. I am so psyched.

3 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

This sounds like it's going to be a total wonderful birthday bash! And Eric Estrada....ooo lalala. He's hot! Even if he is old now. :)~~
I've never heard you don't wear pantyhose with open toed shoes. I know they have special pantyhose w/o the reinforced toes so they aren't noticable.
Have fun! Can't wait to read the details!

5:23 PM  
Blogger dan said...

Black is cool. It will always be cool. It's classic. Not boring.

And even I know Eric was the hot one on CHiPs. And I'm a boy!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR MEDS!! DONT FORGET YOUR MEDS!

Hope you have a blast. Sounds like fun.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home