Thursday, December 22, 2005

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post. How on earth did you make it without my rounds of ranting?? ; )

I've had a ton of things on the brain, much like the rest of you...all of the holiday cheer associated with draining your bank account in an effort to see some smiley faces for a few minutes as the gifts are unwrapped and one present is stashed aside for the next one.

I'm not a big fan of Christmas. I love the lights, the tree...but hate the music, the crowds of people and the general crabbiness of other shoppers. It all defeats the purpose of the season, which used to be to spread cheer but has been reduced to greed and selfishness. Yea, I know you probably havent heard about that stuff, its everywhere, but damn it it's true.

In our family the grim reaper likes to visit during the holidays. We have a sick running joke about who's "number is up" this year. Having a sick brother and sister, it wouldn't be a terrible shock if it were either of them, so you can understand why we all sort of hold our breath and wait for the season to pass. Alot of the traditions we still hang on to for the sake of the kids. It's important they have normal memories rather than the sick ones the rest of us seem to have.

I have alot to be thankful for and that is what I am putting my focus towards this week. Apparently that is why i havent blogged alot....no bitching, no blogging. I have a good job, a roof over my head that is my own, a car thats paid for, my mental health hasnt slipped a gear, and my children are happy, healthy and safe.


This isnt just a place for me to vent. When I havent been writing, I have still been reading, and even without commenting, I still feel the need to catch up on the daily lives of the bloggers I have become attached to. Kinda strange how you can wake up wondering about the life of a complete stranger. I wonder how so-and-so is doing on her meds, how another is doing in treatment, what another has found in the news that he's commenting on today. There are many others, you get the point.

So for all of my attachments, I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. Now go out and spread some cheer!!!



HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

We did miss you.

And we aren't strangers... sometimes us bloggers know more about each other than some of the "real life folks" we hang out with.

So, with that thought in mind, Happy Holidays to you, for whatever you celebrate... even if it's the Grim Reaper... at least you're doing it with people you care about. ;)

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, too!














Did you like the picture I posted of MRLI???

10:36 PM  
Blogger gabbi said...

Sometimes I read more than I write too. I find myself recanting other bloggers tales with family and friends when relevant to the conversation, daily.
I wish you and yours a wonderful christmas!

10:42 AM  
Blogger jane said...

It's always good to have a grateful heart. Despite the problems you have in your life, you always have a thankful heart when it comes to your children & that's the best quality I think a mom can have.
I hope you have a great Christmas

3:34 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I have missed reading your posts. Glad to hear you have not forgotten about us. Glad all is well with you and yours. I have time to read and write because I have been unemployed since Thanksgiving.

Have been struggling with my diagnosis. That really sucks! Ugh!

Merry Christmas!

1:13 AM  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours GG. i hope and pray that the New Year will be a new beginning for you and that the negative vibes from Mista Live-In will be eradicated along with his presence.

God bless!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Shannin said...

i was wonderin' about you lady! hope your holiday was nice!
it is somewhat odd to wonder what/how someone, sometimes across the country, is doing when you've never met them... but dan is right... many bloggers know more about me than people i have known in real life for several years know about me.... take care and stay in touch!

10:55 PM  
Blogger You and Me said...

glad to hear your holiday went well and am happy to see your back
take care
marie

9:38 AM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Dan,

My thoughts are posted here.....the good, the bad and the UGLY. It frightens me to think anyone I know personally would be reading them....particularly when Im venting. So yea, I agree that we get a better look at each other here than in real life.....and the best part is we dont scare the holy hell out of each other. ; )

10:46 AM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Squid,

Didnt get the picture..... : (

10:47 AM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Marie,

It took me years to come to terms with my diagnosis. Unacceptance, struggle to maintain on my own. The quicker you reach accepting and getting on the right meds, the quicker life will seem a bit more normal. Best wishes!!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home