Tuesday, December 13, 2005

False Generosity

I wanted to post about the pro's and con's of MRLI and this ridiculous relationship, but I realized that the pro's have pretty much dwindled down to his paying bills on time. Small things continously rear their ugly heads and the good things, the things I thought were good about him, have just disappeared and I feel like a sucker.

Before he moved in he was sweet. The things he would to to make me believe that he loved me. The things I missed about him when we were separated before. Things like hiding flowers in grocery bags, thoughtful things he would do to make me feel special. Not buying expensive gifts, just bringing home something small that made me know he was thinking of me while he was gone all week.

Some strange behaviors have amused and confused me lately and i wonder how long the manipulation has been going on and i have been improperly medicated and not noticing. For instance, recently we were discussing Christmas gifts. His work is seasonal so the past few weeks have sucked financially. During this talk he mentioned skipping his truck payment and using the money to contribute to Christmas. I found it to be sort of odd, since skipping bills would ultimately make him insane, even if it was just for a month. Today in the mail he received a letter from the financer of his truck. As a Christmas gift, they are allowing him to sjip his payment interest free. Of course, it also stated "second notice." I chuckled to myself, realizing it was not some act of generosity on his part, but an opporutnity for him to appear to be generous and making a sacrifice....since that is how he portrayed it to me. He never mentioned it to me, not until I brought it up tonight on the phone. He had filled out the paperwork weeks ago, but never once mentioned to me nor the fact that it was a bank offer. I felt slightly manipulated.

The person I thought I loved is disappearing into the shadows. I'm thankful for that, it will make ending things ultimately easier once his true character is brought into full view and I can see it for what it truly is.

Another odd thought....although he cowered back into the house after Saturdays incident I realized that all I really got for his behaviors was excuses, there was never an apology. He was the one to notice first the bruises on my back, never once an apology. He also, not surprisingly, has not asked about his "counseling appointment." I have decided that he can make those efforts on his own. I have had to seek out the help I needed on my own, even at times against the advice of others. I have mentioned several times in conversations over the past two days that he needs help, but he has simply laughed off my comments and changed the subject. Again, that nagging feeling of being manipulated surfaces.

11 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

It's kind of odd once one thing happens, all of a sudden other behaviors are so easy to spot...

It really sounds like MrLI is using you, G. Let me be the first to say you deserve better ('cause you're gonna hear that a lot very soon and I wanted to look good).

;) I said it once, I'll say it again. Take care of yourself.

10:57 AM  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

isnt it funny how blinded we can be to our mate's faults, flaws and shortcomings until something foul happens, and then it becomes what i call a "light bulb moment" and we see all the negative things about that person with clearer vision.

i agree with Dan. ole boy is using you and his half-assed attempts to "sacrifice" certain things in order to "make nice" for Christmas is IMHO lame, and you shouldnt trust it.

as you said, Gigglez, let him get help on his own. God knows he needs it! you have your kids to think about and though you might still have residual feelings, when you weigh the positives v. the negatives and the negatives carry more weight, then it's time for ole boy to hit the road.

take care of you and your kids. they need you more than ever now and they certainly dont need to be further exposed to any more of Mista Live-In's shit.

keepin you in my prayers
Miz E

1:08 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I think it is time to drop him like a bad habit. It seems that he has lost that lovin' feeling.

I would think it would be difficult to let go after so many years of your life invested in this relationship.

As always, take care of you!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squid here...
What better present than an eviction notice? Good luck. I, for one, will be breathlessly waiting the outcome of this saga. I hope it works out for you. No one deserves to be in a shitty relationship, except for shitty people, of which, you are not...

11:54 AM  
Blogger jane said...

I'm with Squid's present recommendation. Only you can empower yourself & give him the boot. Hope you choose to do it.

11:55 PM  
Blogger jane said...

Hi,
I came by to read your blog but you haven't put up a new post. I hope you're doing okay & your family is healthy.
If I don't visit before Sunday, I hope you have a peaceful Christmas.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

No ifs, ands or butts, he has got to go!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Dan, always so sweet....always lookin good. : )

3:28 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Mizz,

Bizarre that it took 5 years for the light bulb to come on.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Jane, thank you for the holiday cheer....I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas as well.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

BP,

Its no surprise to me that he hasnt bothered to get himself any help. Thinking Im going to get over my "outburst" or "forget" isnt going to happen this time....so ultimately he will be giving himself the boot.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home