Monday, August 08, 2005

Black Sheep?

This last week I called my entire family for a weekend of fun at a waterpark. Camping, swimming, it's an annual tradition.

Everyone was broke. (They are always broke, none of them work, but usually my mother springs for their accommodations and fun.) So Mr Live in and I took all of our kids, and we had a great time.

Sunday when we came back, my family was having a get together\barb-q at my mothers house. We weren't invited.

Question: I know I can be sensitive to things like this, but wouldn't that bother ANYONE?

It bothered me enough to send this email:

Just wanted to thank you for watching my dog. : )
And ask you why I wasn't invited to the family barbque.

This was her response:

It was not a barbeque. It was an after church dinner and I didn't know you were home. I thought you would be gone until later in the day. I'm sorry. By the time I knew you were home, I would have asked you but I hadn't fixed enough for everybody. I really didn't mean to leave you out. I will make up for it and have your family over this Friday night if you would like to come o.k. Your dog is a funny dog, she followed me everyplace I went. She even tried sleeping on my bed. She wouldn't eat my dog food though.


So they intentionally had it knowing we were gone. Still how nice. We dont have many get togethers like this, church or no church. It couldnt have been spontaneous for her to have enough for them, yet my coming home was too spontaneous to have enough. Go figure. I'm just insulted I guess. (Whine, bitch, moan)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't bother me that your family is insensitive...
I'm sure they MEANT to call, but they were all out selling plasma (like my family) to try and get money to go to the waterpark...

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer to your question is YES it would bother anyone. They sound like my in laws..

4:57 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

I'm sure it hurts to be excluded. It always hurts to be excluded. I would feel insulted too.

Polar

9:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In comment to this post, I believe that would bother anyone...I know it would me. So, you aren't being overly sensitive. You are just being human.

And thank you for visiting my blog the other day and for the supportive comment. I really do appreciate it. Sometimes I think it helps us, just to know other people agree with our point of view. I know it does me :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Sounds like your family has the same reasoning my mother does. And YES! It would bother me if that happened. Invite them no more! Life's too short for those types of games. You don't know me, but hey, I stumbled upon your blog and found it a fun read.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home