Thursday, September 15, 2005

Diet

I started a diet Monday, a gift for my birthday. LA weight loss, we will see how it goes. I'm a little worried that the stuff they want me to eat is actually a buttload more food than I normally eat, but they are stuck to their promise that I will lose what I want to lose or they will have to continue to service me.

So far I am down three pounds, ok I know its water and it doesnt really excite me to lose weight until double digits have been reached and my clothing stops stretching to its max.

I see the star magazines, how skinny those chicks are and it amuses me that the only thing they will say about it is either "I lost my baby fat" ( I think that was Lindsay Lohan) or I stopped eating french fries (Hillary Duff). Well how nice and what crap. I cut out regular soda over a year ago hoping it would make some impact and nothing. I have been drinking diet soda and gaining weight like a pregnant heffer. Im learning to tolerate it, but there's just nothing like a soda with a bunch of sugar and carbonation to make me drool.

I did see the doctor at my boss' insistence. Part of our conversation when I was busted for blogging was "Is there something wrong?" She had noticed changes over the summer, no doubt due to my medications, I knew it I just wasnt sure how to handle it. I was also frustrated. Everytime I schedule a day to do something, even a vacation day it seems its inconvenient for someone at work. So I kept putting it off. She told me to make the appointment and we would just work around it at work. Whew. Im having some weird hormonal thing or something going on as well, I guess I will wait for the bloodwork to come back before I get worried about it. I don't really care, I just want to stop feeling so damn tired. My kids are complaining "You are ALWAYS tired." And thats just not the mom I want to be. There are so many things I want to do, my mind stays busy creating projects and my body totally objects to anything but the couch and I hate it. Im not a huge tv fan, I might get a few hours in a week if Im lucky. It drives me nuts to have all this mental ambition and feel so worn out all the time.

Thus the diet. There seems to be a viscious cycle Im finding myself in. Gain a few pounds, get more sluggish, gain a few more because of the sluggishness and get more sluggish and lazy. Ive never been overweight and this is just not my cup of tea. Im hoping for off the weight, off the couch. Im not sure its that simple. Ive gained 16 pounds since December at my last doctor visit, and he wants to get to the bottom of it. Yippee, someone who finds my new body as ghastly strange as I do.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. My diet and exercise program consists of 2 hours of vigorous exercise one day a week and 6 days of recovery...

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squid I love it!

Gigglez, get off the soda altogether and stick to water and none of that flavoured crap either. Diet soda actually makes you crave food because of the sweetness.

I hope the docs get to the bottom of your slug like life too! Doesn't sound like much fun!

4:15 PM  
Blogger jane said...

"It drives me nuts to have all this mental ambition and feel so worn out all the time."
Man, do i HEAR you on that! I'm glad to hear your boss is willing to work around your needs. And what a great Dr. to want to get to the bottom of it w/o just writing out more scripts.
you've got a good team of supporters :)

2:57 AM  
Blogger Shannin said...

OMG...I was totally going to quote the same exact sentence Jane quoted!!! I feel the exact same way...I have all these really great plans in my head...but, no energy to do ANY of it....very frustrating. Manica is right about the diet soda. I saw a study on tv about it, and they said that people drinking diet actually gained more than those drinking regular. I have recently quit drinking 3-6 diet sodas a day, and have noticed a big difference in my appetite and food choices. It is hard, but I think it is worth it. How great to have your doctor working so well with you...I didn't think doc's like that existed! take care!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell me this diet also consists of stopping blogging?

"Make 2 posts and comment on me in the morning"

2:47 AM  
Blogger Mitch said...

I lost 15 lbs. with LA Weight Loss. I hope it works for you. I did enjoy getting patted on the back for every pound as if it were 10.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Manica - thanks the soda is OUT

2:22 PM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Squid, even if I did quit I would still stalk you. lol

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as it ain't "Sleezy"* of "Elvirus"*, bring it on, darlin'; Bring it on...


*Names have been changed to protect innocent bloggers from visiting their virus-infested/hateraide sites.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*or (not of) Sorry. Where's a good copy editor when you need one?

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home