Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I love my mother, but damnit she needs a life. I would buy her one, travel a trillion miles to get her one....anyone have any ideas?

My whole life she has been a busy body. A physically busy body. Up at the butt crack of dawn to wash her sheets and hang them on the line, vacuum, mop floors, and do God only knows what else. I have no idea because I was right where everyone should be at that hour IN BED.

She worked while we were growing up, having whatever job required the unwilling human being to be up at 3 am. I remember watchin movies with my dad and suddenly hearing her alarm clock go off and thinking "shit, better get to bed, she's gonna throw a fit." Her wake up time was my bed time.....unless of course I was in school.

A few years ago my dad passed away. She now has this average sized house with over averaged sized lawn and massive garage to maintain.

The thing about her was that she knew how to keep other people busy. Not that she fared well with us kids, we learned how to disappear and play deaf as we got older, so the leftover chores fell on my dad.

My mother had the to-do list from hell. She still does. She always has 14 projects, or ideas of things she would like to start on, but no longer is there anyone to smack upside the head and say "gidder-done baby."

She would have my dad vacuuming, cleaning the cars, the garage, mowing....I now know why he spent so much time outside.

The trouble with it now is that she retired when he died leaving the work to ......US. Not us as in family us, but us meaning myself, Mr Live In and my brother in law. WHY? My brother is sick....yup, drug addict sick. My sister is sick....yup, drug addict and kidney sick.

She watches her grass grow. About every two days the phones starts to ring...."whos gonna mow my grass." In the days between its "Whos gonna fix my well"

I should make her a deal. I will be your little slave girl and I will quit my job and stay home like the rest of you freaks in the family.

Im pissy right now because 1) I do not want to go over and fix her computer today and 2) I need a cigarette.

I dont want to go computer shopping, I dont want to shop for shit that isnt for me! Sorry, but I barely cover my own health and hygine...window shopping aint my bag. I want to go home after a grueling 9 hours of blogging, er, I mean work and just chill. Go call one of those freaks I have to refer to as siblings over. They sleep all day, eat all day, smoke pot all day. I have my own shit to do!

Why is it they are entitled to the same lifestyle I have (provided to them by my mother) but I am the only one who ever has to worry about what time it is or what day it is. Or if taking a sick day will mean Im short for groceries this week whilke the gvernment has one overflown and you stock the other.

Get them off their dead lazy asses and let them earn their right to their lifestyle like I have to. If it aint a real job the least they can do is cut the grass.

When my ex left so did everyone else. Nobody came over to see if we had food, if we needed anything. If my house was trashed in the pits of my depression wehre I couldnt get out of bed for days on end, she would nastily tell me to call her when I got my house cleaned and she would stop by for coffee.

Im angry about this....maybe Ill just shut up as usual and go smoke a cigarette. Its time for me to get off work and haul my ass around for someone else.

1 Comments:

Blogger sansanity said...

no help here but if you find a place to get your mom a life, please drop me a note--my mom needs one too!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home