Friday, March 03, 2006

Sick

The flu from hell has been in my house. How much snot can one head contain? It seems to multiply as you blow. Ive managed to work, last week praying for death instead. Yea, I suffered....alot. I start feeling a little better and BAM, exhaustion sets in.

The shittiest part abut this damn crap is the fatigue. I can survive the aches and pains and the box after box of tissue.....but being tired all the time is making me fucking depressed. A vicious circle. Exhausted = depressed. Depressed = exhausted. After awhile its hard to tell which is which. Am I still physically sick or am I just so depressed I cant function anymore!!!

Who can sleep as many hours as I do and still daydream about naps and sleeping all weekend. For shits sake I fell asleep yesterday at the dentist.....without gas!!! Thats right, doc has my mouth numb, yet pried open to the point of pain and instead of my normal feelings of terror .... I fell asleep!!! How can that happen? How do you have drills circling your head, suction equipment picking up your drool and ya just simply doze off as if you are watchin tv!!!

Effexor has been a wonder drug for my mania....but maybe I am cycling again and Im in that lovely depressed state. My brain has taken yet another hiatus and I am worthless at work. Cant even remember phone calls I made yesterday to customers. Cant cook very often because Im so damn fatigued. i can sleep all night and still sleep all day. I cant get rested!!! Lifes not about waiting for your next NAP.....I have things to do!

10 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

I think your body is trying to tell you to REST. And how can you when you're a working mom? There's just something wrong about that. Men don't seem to suffer from this type of fatigue or guilt over not doing for their family.
Well, look, first of all, every single time I come here I always laugh cuz I think of Eric Estrada now. And when I think of him, I think of your picture with him & that look on your face like, get AWAY from me. So I'm always smiling when I read your blog.
Secondly, please get as much rest as you can. I hope you get better soon & have all of your energy back. You're a very special woman.

3:41 PM  
Blogger dan said...

As a man, I suffer from the provider guilt all the time.

But exhaustion is what it is.

We all have to learn to be able to tell ourselves that if I'm sick and exhausted, no matter my effort, I'm actually not doing anyone any good until I'm back to 100%. We just make other people sick and make things worse for us.

Take care of yourself. The rest will attend to itself.

1:52 PM  
Blogger jane said...

Hey! Where are you????

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it's not bird flu...
Maybe that's why you've been gone???

11:40 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

Hey..... just blog hopping and found your site via Shannin. I'm also on Effexor... btw. Great. Never written that on a first visit before! LOL

Hope ya feel better.

2:09 PM  
Blogger jane said...

Hey woman, POST!! (i miss you)

5:51 PM  
Blogger jane said...

C'mon gigglez, PLEASE update us on how things are going.

3:02 PM  
Blogger You and Me said...

it's been so very long since your last post--hoping your doing alright--maybe leave a little post letting all know your still alive...

marie/hope
whatever my name is these days!!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You asked for a note n' a note this is.

Today was my first time reading your site but it was enjoyable and I liked your style of writing. I'm disappointed that you don't seem to be updating anymore but I can certainly understand sometimes needing to get away from the keyboard for a bit and hope you're doing well.

Sending good thoughts...

12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish you were writing some more as You have a great style. I have never been to this site before and enjoyed it. Take care and come back!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home