Thursday, August 11, 2005

Meds + Friends = Nausea

So I take all these meds. Meds for anxiety, meds for anemia, meds for blood pressure, meds for hormone imbalance. You would think that if my body required these things to stay in balance, God would have given me a stomach that would accept them. He didn't. The iron makes me horridly nauseous, the blood pressure meds do too. WTH. Bad enough that my brain is haywired, now my stomach has staged a full revolt against me. I eat anything I can get my hands on to stop the nausea, sometimes it works, sometimes not. This week has been a NOT week. I discovered on my sick day that if I could sleep for 17 hours my body wouldn't be so offended by my insistence on keeping it "balanced" and in proper working order. That only leaves 7 hours for me to shower, work, eat, watch tv, do laundry, blog, talk on the phone. Hmm, not sure that's gonna happen so I'm just stuck with the nasty gag urges, the queasiness and the occasional feeling that my head is floating away from the rest of my body. Fun times.

I dyed my hair last night. Purple-ish red is now an official hair color. The kids thought it was great, but Im not really a gothic kinda mom. It's just hair right? It will eventually fade to either purple or red. Gonna be interesting to see which way that goes because Im not really interested in screwing with it anymore.

My best friend is being a royal pain in my ass. Every day she invites me to have a drink with her after work. We are both single parents with full time jobs. That in itself takes more time away from my kids than I feel is right. But I have to feed them and they understand that. Her kids are apparently raising themselves because at night when I try to call her, her kids tell me that she is still at work. It's almost 8 pm, and I know better. She has plopped her skinny ass in front of a keno machine with the play button in one hand and a Malibu coke in another. There along side her is likely her b\f or a co-worker. She is always claiming we need "girl time." I need to get out and have some adult conversation and interact as an adult. In my opinion I AM acting as an adult by being home after work to make dinner for the kids. Maybe Im wrong, thats just how I see it. I am being an adult by creating an environment where my kids know what to expect, when to expect mom to be home.

I'm not saying she's not a good mom because in most respects I beleive that she is. She takes the kids to all kinds of sporting events during school, it just seems to be the summers she lacks any kind of involvement in their lives. Apparently summers are girl time, adult time, whatever.

It's not very appealing to me to go spend time with someone who just wants to dump on me. The conversations generally revolve around her b\f and what to do with that relationship. If she wasn't delusional, I could offer advice, but that sorta puts a damper on making any realistic progress in that area.

Mr Live in will be home tomorrow. This week has been shorter than most without him. I havent done anything stupid, went on any manic spending sprees or taken cash out of the ATM 12 times. Hopefully he'll be happy about that. I look forward to spending a weekend with him without the tribe of children that generally entails. At least for the moment I think I do. I have been dying to see "Monster In Law", they are so slow about getting the good shit as rentals. I'd go public, but even the wonderful nachos havent been enough to enspire me to go hang in public for that long. I just wanna be home, curled up with a good video or ten drifting in and out of the movie and my dreams. Ahhh, the weekend. I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Crazy as a loon at times and Im sure my kids could tell you stories. They won't however ever be able to say I wasnt there....even when they wish I wasnt

4:16 PM  
Blogger Sandi K said...

I;m sorry to hear about your nausea, I have been in the same boat. I called the Doctors office and told them that are killing me even with the Protonix - The prescribed an anti nausea medication: promethezine. I have worked very well!

Good luck!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home