Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ride to Poverty


Last night I dug deep in my pockets and took the kids and their friends to the state fair. This morning I am very tired, broke and left wondering a few things about people.

1)Do fat people need bigger mirrors? Do they have any idea what they have on display? Why would you paint on a pair of jeans, borrow a shirt from someone half your size, add a flashy belt to this ensemble and walk around with the leftovers hanging out? Cover it up! Nobody wants to see the rolls hanging over your jeans, squishing out of your jeans, or peeking out of any other clothing item. What self respecting person can look in the mirror, admire their layers of spare tires and still leave the house to enter public thinking "Damn, I look good." I remember being a teenager and wondering the same thing about the 300 pound women in tube tobs and spandex. We all assumed spandex was all they could squeeze into and we dealt with it. Nothing has changed I guess except the styles.....and the large growing number of growing people. Not to mention the public display of ass cracks, that used to be reserved only for plumbers.

2) Where do they find turkeys with 3 pound legs?? People wander around with gigantic everything on a stick, but I think the most shocking, not to mention nasty looking was the enormous turkey leg on a stick. Save that size of a meal for a holiday and you just might fit into those pants you wedged yourself into. Nobody needs an $8, pound of spun sugar........let's not pretend all the kids are sharing because they are on the rides while your fat ass is standing there with the loot.

3) How do fat women get gorgeous men? What the hell is up with that. Get your skinny geek, you are ruining the stereotype.

4) Where are the parents? Girls who only another female can tell are under 13. .....wash that shit off your face, get some less slutty clothing and look your age. I even saw a boy who was about 10 who had double piercings in his bottom lip. That one really made me want to meet the parents.

5) How can public restrooms be so absoultely disgusting? Women are nasty. Period. I spent an hour seeking out the least putrid restroom to use. You know, the one without mystery liquid on the foor, without wet toilet paper strewn around where it might get stuck to my shoe, without feminine hygiene products lying around the foor or the toilet paper holders, without toilets that werent flushed or the seats peeed all over. I know people dont have restrooms like that at home, wtf? Why would you muddle through the remains of an overflown toilet to wash your hands? Dont touch anything and get the hell outta there is my motto. Dont give me a dirty look for not washing my hands when you are standing in pee.

6) 8 ounces of soda for $4?

7) Can't you at least give me the brief impression that I am getting something for free? $7 gate admission? You can rob me of the rest of my paycheck after I'm in the gate.

I'm sure I could list a dozen more, but I didnt get home until after 1 and the coffee has a lot of catching up to do.




How can you NOT know the goods have fallen out?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANSWERS:
1. Spandex people are what I call: poorly stuffed pork sausages.
2. Sugar hypes up the energy levels to make it through the fair. Turkey legs are good puke food for after the rides.
3. Fat women get skinny men because they are willing to do things that other girls won't.
4. Society is moving toward everyone being UNIQUE. That's why there are 120,000,000 "unique" ring tones on cell phones. The parents are working 2 jobs to keep their kids in the latest "fashions". (The less material, the higher the price.)
5. I had no idea. I can only imagine the women's room at the Greyhound bus termianl in Atlanta. Some guy once yelled at me for leaving the bathroom without washing my hands. He was all, "Didn't yo momma taech you to wash yo hands afta you go to the baffroom?" I replied, "No. She taught me not to pee on myself, asshole!"
6. Watered down soda ain't cheep. CAFFIENE! GIMME GIMME GIMME! You gotta stay hyped to play the carnival games...
7. You do get something for free. You get to exit the fair...

Thanks for posting. I am glad to be able to answer some questions for you...

3:55 PM  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Thanks for telling it as it is. I've pondered over such questions many times myself. Just never had the guts to ask them out loud.

(5) I've been to such restrooms. It's often disgusting. I don't understand how people get it to such states in the first place.

;)
Polar

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have written that. I think I am going to form a Society Against Fat People. Wanna join?

7:28 AM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

I dont have a problem with fat people. I just don't want to LOOK at their goods. To me it's a visual assault. And not necessarily anything that has to do with FAT. I am sick of seeing Pamela Andersons boobs and ass as well. Not that I saw her at the fair, but you get the point.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

Squid, I feel exactly the same way about #5.

11:34 AM  
Blogger mizeeyore said...

hi gigglez...i have to agtee with ya hon. i just started a new rant blog called "WTF?????" and i guess great minds think alike because i too wanna puke every time a see a grossly obese mofo's asscrack showing... mind you i'm full figured too, but dammit i have class enough not to show my big ass to the world! so please feel free to stop by "WTF" i hope you enjoy it.

take care of yourself and dont let negativity rent free space in your head.

mizeeyore

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home